Learn about your young child’s healthy development.
- Developmental milestones, the US Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Resources about children’s development and growth including Age-based handouts (in English and Spanish) about children from birth to 36 months, Zero to Three
- Toddlers’ growth and development resources (in English and Spanish) from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Preschooler’ growth and development (in English and Spanish) from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Positive Parenting Resources, Zero to Three
Learn more about autism spectrum disorders.
- What is Autism? – from Autism Speaks
- Early signs of Autism, American Academy of Pediatrics
- 100 Day Kit for newly diagnosed families of young children, Autism Speaks
- About the M-CHAT-R/F, the autism screen used in the Autism & Beyond app
- Resources about Autism diagnosis, treatment, and support, the Duke Center for Autism and Brain Development
- Autism Resource Center, the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Resources about Autism, the US Center for Disease Control
Learn about young children’s temper tantrums and strategies to help your child.
- When to worry about tantrums, Duke Integrated Pediatric Mental Health
- Tantrum advice, Mayo Clinic
- Fostering children’s self-control, Zero to Three
Local Early Intervention Agencies for all developmental problems for children 0-3 years old
- Find a Pediatrician
- Find a Child Psychiatrist
- Where to get services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Understanding services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Parent’s Guide to Getting Good Mental Health Care and Guia padres cuidados calidad, Child Mind Institute
- Facts for Families about child mental health (in English, Spanish, and Chinese), American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- What is Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health?
Being the parent of a young child bring great joy and challenges. All parents have times when they feel overwhelmed.